PDA

View Full Version : lugs to short

Zimbos
11-12-2013, 05:59 AM
hi guys I have just put on some 16 inch rims that came with the series 3 when I bought it and the lugs seem to be half an inch too short , I am stillable to see thread on the bolt ,should I be concerned how hard is it to put longer lugs on , are they available , cheers

SafeAirOne
11-12-2013, 06:45 AM
If you are running NATO steel wheels on your SIII, then yes, the studs will be short. Not sure about a half inch, but the studs are short enough that they don't stick out from the nut.

Here's the way I've been driving for the past 9 years using the NATO steel wheels:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5524/10818329696_c3f2b534a7_z.jpg

I THINK Teriann's vast site had a document from Land Rover that specified an increased torque for the lug nuts when using in this rim on military SIIIs, though I can't find it anymore. Maybe it wasn't her site. Either way, mine have never loosened in 9 years of daily use.

greenmeanie
11-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Mark,
Its 100lbsft for Wolf rims. There is a sticker for it that would be fitted to MOD trucks.

SafeAirOne
11-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Mark,
Its 100lbsft for Wolf rims. There is a sticker for it that would be fitted to MOD trucks.

Thanks Gregor. I knew there was a different spec for the NATO steel wheels, I just couldn't remember/find it. I just use German torque all the time.

Zimbos
11-13-2013, 06:07 AM
thank you mark mine look exactly like that you right its not half an inch , thanks

luckyjoe
11-13-2013, 08:03 AM
This is the MoD plate for Wolf wheels as retro-fitted to 110's.

TeriAnn
11-13-2013, 08:21 AM
I THINK Teriann's vast site had a document from Land Rover that specified an increased torque for the lug nuts when using in this rim on military SIIIs, though I can't find it anymore.

My Technical information web page (http://www.expeditionlandrover.info/Series_Land_Rover_tech_specs.html) is the only one with any torque specs. I think. There are some pages I haven't revisited in over a decade. I tried to put all the tech specs together for quick reference.