PDA

View Full Version : advise on frame work

Zimbos
12-15-2013, 05:09 PM
guys it seems that my series 3 frame is not true , the right side of the truck sits lower by an inch, I have measured many areas and it seems to be the frame , is this a hard job for a body shop to pull it any thoughts would be great ,thanks

Contractor
12-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Have you ruled out a sagging leaf spring, this happens to lots of folks?

How did you come to the conclusion it's the frame? Post pictures.

Zimbos
12-15-2013, 06:15 PM
I hope its the spring, I measured the axle to the ground on both sides and its the same , I then measured the back bumper corners to the ground and I am off by an inch any thoughts

Contractor
12-15-2013, 07:24 PM
I hope its the spring, I measured the axle to the ground on both sides and its the same , I then measured the back bumper corners to the ground and I am off by an inch any thoughts

Yeah, one side of your springs sag some, flip flop them if you are worried about it (may not fix it).......1"???? I'd roll on.

toga Rover
12-15-2013, 11:02 PM
I had the same issue on my 109. Right rear was low.
Had the springs re-arched and put teflon sheets between each leaf.
Leveled the truck.

Zimbos
12-16-2013, 05:59 AM
thank you , I will look into that or replace that side

SafeAirOne
12-16-2013, 07:11 AM
This is related to that other post you just created regarding something odd about your spring mounts or something--I don't remember. If you post a picture or two of what you're talking about there, you'll get plenty of responses and the remedy to both these related issues will become obvious, I suspect...

Zimbos
12-16-2013, 07:19 AM
thanks mark , after a bunch of reading it seems to be quite common the sagging due to springs getting soft , I think the spring is my problem , in the future I will try post some pics thank you , gareth dallas texas