PDA

View Full Version : Radiator panel/breakfast question

fliptscript
01-03-2014, 11:29 PM
My truck's breakfast has the raised headlight openings... they protrude out from the surface about 1/8 of an inch, and the headlights are currently mounted behind the openings. There are 4 countersunk holes around the perimeter of the opening. I'm pretty sure they are not conventionally mounted - they are not in buckets and are secured by the retaining ring against the back of the breakfast. They can't be really adjusted in the way they are in there currently... although I've seen pictures of other trucks with headlights that sort of look like this - no chrome, etc.

I bought some of the the new plastic bucket replacements from our host, and I had some nice finishing rings from an earlier project. Just looking at it, it seems like mounting the buckets on the outside of the panel might make the finishing rings stick out pretty far...

What's the deal with the differences in breakfasts (flat fronts vs. raised)? Are the headlights supposed to be mounted behind the sheet metal in the raised opening breakfasts (and if so, what is the bucket/retaining ring set up)?

Finally, were different panels used for different types of trucks for some reason?

Thanks for any advice here. My last series truck was a bugeye and the headlight situation - as slapped on as they were - was really obviously assembled.

JSBriggs
01-11-2014, 04:40 PM
Post a pic for clarification. Your description is a bit confusing as the panels that are flat use either Chrome or MOD type trim rings. the lights do pictured out further on this style. The the stamped/raised panel don't have a trim ring.

-Jeff

fliptscript
01-15-2014, 07:50 PM
OK, that makes sense... no ring with a raised panel. Do you know if a headlight bucket is used at all (second photo)?

leafsprung
01-16-2014, 11:29 PM
no HL buckets on these. No trim ring. The holes in these panels are too big for the buckets

fliptscript
01-18-2014, 09:56 AM
Thanks for clearing it up!

no HL buckets on these. No trim ring. The holes in these panels are too big for the buckets