PDA

View Full Version : Roam Disc Brake Conversion for sale?

graykale
01-09-2014, 10:49 AM
Hello Everyone,

I spoke to Brian over at Roam Offroad the other day asking when their disc brake conversion kit would be available again. They are working on getting them back in stock early this year, but until then are completely sold out. Brian said that he believes some kits are floating around and were never installed so I might try and see if any are available that someone might want to offload.

In other words, if anyone has a Roam disc brake conversion kit lying around that they might want to sell off, please let me know.

Thank you!

morgant
01-09-2014, 09:31 PM
I'm glad to hear they are planning to have them back in stock in the near future. At this point, I'm leaning in that direction for my frame-over, but fortunately I'm not in a rush.

nathanwind
01-13-2014, 11:59 AM
I also need a kit if anyone out there has one they are willing to part with, preferably fronts & rears (though if it's only fronts I'll take that instead). Planning to get the rolling chassis assembled for my '71 IIA project at the beginning of next month and dragged my feet getting a kit (and now they're out of stock).

Anyone?

morgant
05-16-2014, 07:04 AM
rbbailey noted in another thread (http://forums.roversnorth.com/showthread.php?15295-Timm-Cooper-Brake-Kit&p=99906#post99906) that the new company (since ROAM OFF-ROAD is now defunct) is http://forbynbros.com/, offering the disc brake kits and more (although no more axle shafts, it appears).

Update: Greg Forbyn chimed in on this ExPo thread (http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/124718-Roam-offroad?p=1585559#post1585559) with some further details of their disk brake conversion kit's differences from the ROAM version (plus they may do axle shafts in the future).

80sailor
05-19-2014, 02:48 PM
I traded emails with Greg Forbyn and got more info for anyone interested in the brake kit.

The Disc Brake Conversion Kit costs $1400 for the front and $500 for the rear + whatever applicable tax and shipping. It includes all the brake lines, fasteners, swivel housings (front) ,hubs and caliper brackets (rear). Everything you need to do it except the rotors and calipers themselves ( stock defender parts work with it ) . If you are familiar with the Roam Off Road kit, It is similar ( although its been upgraded ) to that. Your series 3 master cylinder and brake booster should work fine with it.

The kits are still in production and estimated delivery time is end of June to mid July. We are not taking deposits but I can put your name on the list to reserve a set. We are receiving a LOT of inquiries about this kit in particular. Thank you for taking the time to inquire.

forbytnbros
05-29-2014, 12:40 AM
I traded emails with Greg Forbyn and got more info for anyone interested in the brake kit.

The Disc Brake Conversion Kit costs $1400 for the front and $500 for the rear + whatever applicable tax and shipping. It includes all the brake lines, fasteners, swivel housings (front) ,hubs and caliper brackets (rear). Everything you need to do it except the rotors and calipers themselves ( stock defender parts work with it ) . If you are familiar with the Roam Off Road kit, It is similar ( although its been upgraded ) to that. Your series 3 master cylinder and brake booster should work fine with it.

The kits are still in production and estimated delivery time is end of June to mid July. We are not taking deposits but I can put your name on the list to reserve a set. We are receiving a LOT of inquiries about this kit in particular. Thank you for taking the time to inquire.

Heres a quick peek. 9779