PDA

View Full Version : 16" Wheels for Series III

Walker
01-28-2014, 12:42 PM
Is there a forum where folks can offer/ask for (fs/wtb) parts for their Rovers? I'm in need of a set of 16" wheels for my S3 and, since I just paid for tires for my 15" rims, I'd like to save a little. I've read that the Disco S1 steel spare will fit a Series rig. Any help is appreciated. The tires I have aren't cutting it in the ice and snow.

darbsclt
01-28-2014, 02:25 PM
You might try the Guns & Rovers forum... http://siteground237.com/~gunsandr/forum.php

On an aside, I'm looking for a home for a complete set (5) of Nokia Hakkapeliita 235/75 R15 tires on freshly painted (Limestone) 15" steel rims. The tires are "like new" and the spare has never been used. (Nokia's are known for their performance in the snow)

Just in case you have any interest.

kenscs
01-28-2014, 05:17 PM
How "perfect" condition do you want the rims to be in? I have a set that I replaced with new Wolf wheels because I wanted to change to white and they were painted black and green camo. I figured it would be more expensive to have them sandblasted and then properly painted than just order a new set from RN. If I can ship them for a reasonable price, my wife would love to get the old ones out of the garage. I am worried it would cost a fortune to ship all four given the weight and not mass discount like retailer gets. I can explore though if you dont need new. They work perfectly well and have no dents or dings. I am in Boston area to ship from. RN has good prices on new ones and given their shipping pricing power, might be cheaper just to order new set from them.

Walker
01-28-2014, 06:31 PM
Ken, do you have a Greyhound bus station near by? They ship fairly inexpensively. Darb, I might be interested depending on what happens in the mean time. To both, what are looking at price-wise?

Apis Mellifera
01-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Ken:
If Walker passes, my SIII would love a proper set of 16" wheels. Ratty-looking is fine; they would match the rest of my truck. I think I need three. I'm south in WV at zip 25177.

darbsclt
01-28-2014, 06:56 PM
Darb, I might be interested depending on what happens in the mean time. To both, what are looking at price-wise?

I'll shoot you a PM...

kenscs
01-28-2014, 07:48 PM
I will PM you guys. Just got home and checked. Wheels are 5.50F x 16 x 33. Actually, in pretty good shape. Ex-MOD, so look heavy duty. My issue is time. I have two ready to go in boxes from the new wheels, but the other two are still on the truck since I have not had time to go to tire store to have them switched over to new rims. Cost is shipping and happiness at a new home. But it may be a couple weeks until I get a chance to swap out other two rims and ship. So not sure how urgent need is. Photo attached. Actually in very good shape.

siiirhd88
01-28-2014, 08:44 PM
The D1 steel rims will bolt onto the Series axles, but are 7" wide with a different offset. They are a thicker steel, so the studs come up a bit short which can be a problem if your state inspection requires the stud to be past the end of the lug nut. The D1 rims also have large cooling openings, which some people think don't look right on a Series.

These are D1 steel rims on the wife's V8 SIIA: 9275

Bob

..... I've read that the Disco S1 steel spare will fit a Series rig. Any help is appreciated. The tires I have aren't cutting it in the ice and snow.

kenscs
01-29-2014, 07:00 AM
They are a thicker steel, so the studs come up a bit short which can be a problem if your state inspection requires the stud to be past the end of the lug nut.

I have this problem with the new Wolf wheels I bought. They fit fine except for the studs are not past the end of the lug nut. I have searched quite a bit for longer lug nuts to no avail. Anyone have suggestions if there is a longer one made out there? Or if it is dangerous? More than a few have said it doesn't matter, but I am sure one day a state inspector is not got to let this pass.

Walker
01-29-2014, 07:53 AM
Ken, PM'd you.

Art

Apis Mellifera
01-29-2014, 05:22 PM
Walker:

Just noticed you're in WV. Me too! Charleston. I'm obviously hoping you pass on Ken's wheels so I can have them! Whatever happens, I have a Disco wheel discussed above. I bought it to use as a spare, but decided against it. It's yours if you want it.

Walker
01-30-2014, 07:47 PM
Hey, I'm in the Eastern Panhandle, Charles Town area. I'm taking Ken's wheels, sorry. Not sure now what I would do with the Disc wheel, thanks, though.