PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Mount Help

NDNAJNS
02-10-2014, 11:04 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone know how the jerry mount below is intended to be mounted on a Series (assuming it is)? Front bumper? If not, let me know. :confused: Appreciate it.

Thanks!

antichrist
02-11-2014, 05:06 AM
Looks like a SIII front bumper mount, two between the wings, up against the inside of the wing.

TeriAnn
02-11-2014, 09:27 AM
Yes this is the factory style mount intended for late IIA & III with the headlamps in the wing. The end flange mounts to the front of the bumper and the side flange bolts to the inner wing panel. Once can go on each side.

This replaces the early style of jerrycan mount that mounts them sideways on top of the front bumper in front of each wing. The factory switched bumper jerrycan mounts for obvious reasons when they moved the location of the headlights.

NDNAJNS
02-11-2014, 10:20 PM
Thanks so much! I was thinking that might be it. Won't work for me...
-Chris

o2batsea
02-12-2014, 05:26 AM
Get the Scepter MFCs. You won't regret it. Many more mounting brackets available for them.

antichrist
02-12-2014, 06:20 AM
How well do the Scepters pour without a spout? That's one of the really nice things about the NATO cans and a Series, no need for a spout/nozzle.

NC_Mule
02-12-2014, 07:10 AM
Do you need a spout? My 1970 IIA has a funnel built into the fuel filler track under the cap.....assumed is was a stock thing on all series trucks.

pb

o2batsea
02-12-2014, 09:58 AM
You can make a spout for the Scepter from plumbing parts at Home Depot. It has inside threads, so a barb fitting just screws in. Seals absolutely drip free. A piece of 1" hose on that (whatever length you wish) and you're in bidniss. Consequently, you could in theory make up a way to draw directly from a Scepter MFC.
From what I've seen, the NATO cans slop all over creation when filling, making a real mess.

antichrist
02-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Do you need a spout? My 1970 IIA has a funnel built into the fuel filler track under the cap.....assumed is was a stock thing on all series trucks.

pbIt is.

From what I've seen, the NATO cans slop all over creation when filling, making a real mess.That hasn't been my experience. I often don't even bother with a spout when filling my mower for instance, and hardly spill any.

luckyjoe
02-13-2014, 06:02 AM
From what I've seen, the NATO cans slop all over creation when filling, making a real mess.

???

Sounds like user error.