PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: (5) New 16" Steel Wheels - Powder Coated: Limestone

darbsclt
03-27-2014, 07:13 AM
Several months ago, I beat the forum bushes for a solution to a small powder coating problem. During the prep for coating a set of new wheels, the powder coater shot-blasted the factory paint off & some of the steel shot lodged into the inner seams of the wheel.

Well, unable to remove the shot... the powder coater has generously offered to replace/re-coat the wheels for me. In appreciation for this offer, I offered (in return) to help him find a home for the original wheels.

In summary, these are a set of 5, 16" x 5.5" new (in-box) Rover's North/Proline wheels that have been powder-coated "limestone" (powder code # RAL 1015). See the pictures, below...

As for the pricing... I'll leave that between you and the powder-coater, Arthur (arthur@stclaircoatings.com) (704-225-1700). I simply offered to take the pictures & help him find a home for them. That said, we did have a discussion regarding the price and I can offer some insight as to his thinking.

First he considered the total wheel costs...

- 5 of THESE (http://www.roversnorth.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=PLC880&type=0&eq=&desc=ROAD-WHEEL-5.5--x-16--1-78--OFFSET-TUBE) wheels (from RN) @ $98.95/ea + $95 shipping = $589.75

- Powder Coating @ $65/wheel = $325

Total Cost Invested = $914.75

Looking at it in these terms, he felt that $500 for the set was a pretty good deal. He has a point, but he might also be open to some negotiation. I do know that he is planning to give the wheels another coating of powder, just to ensure a nice, hard finish. If you can overlook the shot in the seams - they really do look wonderful!

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions... or, alternatively, reach out to Arthur to discuss the wheels further. They are located in Monroe, North Carolina and his shop is open M-T 7:30am to 4pm... Fri 7:30am to 11am.

A note about these photos... they are representative (I did not take photos of every wheel, every angle). I did, however, try to photograph the worst examples.

702a88
04-02-2014, 09:01 PM
I'm interested in the wheels and I'm right down the road in Wesley Chapel. For some reason the pictures do not show up. I'll call Arthur tomorrow and see if i can drop by and see the wheels.

darbsclt
04-03-2014, 06:48 AM
I'm interested in the wheels and I'm right down the road in Wesley Chapel. For some reason the pictures do not show up. I'll call Arthur tomorrow and see if i can drop by and see the wheels.

Sorry... my picture allocation on this forum filled up so I deleted them. Reply (or PM) with your e-mail address & I'll shoot some over. Alternatively a few pics can be found on the "Guns & Rovers" forum HERE (http://siteground237.com/~gunsandr/showthread.php?5325-(5)-New-16-quot-Steel-Wheels-Powder-Coated-Limestone).

As of Monday, I was told that there was another interested party; though I'm not sure if that sale became final. If you find that it did, could you let me know (or post a "Sold" reply).

Thanks!

Chuck
ps. It's nice to see another S2A so close! We should meet up for a drink some time!

702a88
04-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Chuck,
I meet with Author yesterday and we settled on a fair price. I also left a set of wolf wheels with him to powder coat and i"ll pick up both sets sometime next week.

I'm still in the middle of a ground up on my '71 and thankfully these wheels are a few less parts i will have to sandblast and paint. I would love to grab a beer sometime.

Sorry... my picture allocation on this forum filled up so I deleted them. Reply (or PM) with your e-mail address & I'll shoot some over. Alternatively a few pics can be found on the "Guns & Rovers" forum HERE (http://siteground237.com/~gunsandr/showthread.php?5325-(5)-New-16-quot-Steel-Wheels-Powder-Coated-Limestone).

As of Monday, I was told that there was another interested party; though I'm not sure if that sale became final. If you find that it did, could you let me know (or post a "Sold" reply).

Thanks!

Chuck
ps. It's nice to see another S2A so close! We should meet up for a drink some time!