PDA

View Full Version : Sand Rally, Santa Rosa Beach, FL

Jeff Aronson
04-05-2014, 11:34 AM
If you're lucky enough to be along the Gulf Coast of FL or AL the weekend of April 12-13, take a drive along the beach for the inaugural "30A Sand Rally."

You might have seen photos from that beach area in the last issue of Rovers Magazine. Organizer Mike Ragsdale promises a good time and perfect weather. There's also the introduction of the new brew, "30A Beach Blonde Ale," that will be celebrated at the event.

We know that members of the Gulf Coast Land Rover Club will be attending, and that Steve Ogletree of Adventure Motor Cars (WLRS) might bring some of his Defenders. It's a great chance to meet up with enthusiasts in that region.

Rovers Magazine will be covering the event so make certain to introduce yourself to our correspondents (wearing, of course, Rovers North t-shirts). Look for the article in our summer issue.

Jeff

Dibsen
04-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Ill be there. I am surprised there haven't been more responses here. There are some on the Facebook page, ill post a link.

Dibsen
04-06-2014, 02:28 PM
http://30a.com/30a-sand-rover-rally-2014/

Dibsen
04-17-2014, 09:31 AM
Great event! Hopefully there will be one next year for those that din't get to make it out.

Here are a few pics I took. Much better ones on the Facebook page (pics of the trail ride, action pics, a really cool ariel photo), lots of cool land rovers, decked out defenders, a camel trophy case truck, and a couple of series, and bunch of kitted out discos.
getting cleaned up in the back yard before we left

It was just a short ride for us but the kids needed a quick stop

Fantastic local brew! Grayton is one of the beaches, there is also 30A beach blonde

This was before dinner on saturday night, sitting outside of Messina's restaurant.

and a few of the kids playing as the sun set of the beautiful gulf coast.

Next time hopefully I can spend more time taking some good pictures and less time making sure the wife and kids are having a good time :) But I think they did, so at least there will be a next time