PDA

View Full Version : Sleep platform

Dibsen
04-10-2014, 06:21 AM
To all,

I am thinking about building a leap platform in the back of my 109. I did a quick search on here and didn't find much. Google even only turned out a few pics. I have a basic idea of what I want to do, just looking for some examples. Thanks

Here is what I found on google

This was more of the dormobile which is cool but not really what I am looking for. Not even sure if its a rover.

I Leak Oil
04-10-2014, 10:02 AM
I am thinking about building a leap platform in the back of my 109.

Oh man, there are days that I'd like to take a leap because of my rover too!:p

Sorry, just had too!
Good luck with the platform. Will make a cool camping truck!

Dibsen
04-11-2014, 06:37 AM
Oh man, there are days that I'd like to take a leap because of my rover too!:p

Sorry, just had too!
Good luck with the platform. Will make a cool camping truck!

Ha ha! Freudian slip I guess

S11A
04-11-2014, 07:45 AM
Given the recent thread on storage drawers, I have seen a few where the top of those are flush with the top of the fender arches and so you could just put a mattress on top of that? Or are you thinking to elevate the sleeping platform so as to have even more space under it?

I also saw someone who installed rods from side to side at the head and foot of the bed (so to speak) and used those to support a hammock. If there will be 2 people that may or may not work for 2 hammocks or might give a level of separation that isn't desired (pun intended) :).

Partsman
04-11-2014, 08:15 AM
When my wife and I went to Metal Dash last year, I used a piece of plywood across the wheel wells in my 109, and placed my camper mattress in there, it was a perfect fit for the mattress. Sorry no pics of the set up, but there might be one or two on the Metal Dash website, I haven't looked to see what Nels has posted to the photo section, I know there were photos taken of the set-up.

o2batsea
04-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Buy Pedro's roof top tent.