PDA

View Full Version : Landy 109 Newbie

Landylouwho
04-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Hello Everyone, I couldn't find the introduction section, so my apologies if I missed it... I just wanted to say hi and introduce my 109 and I. I've only had my Land Rover for a week now so I'm still very new to all things Land Rover. Really excited to learn as much as possible here.
Happy Trails,
Courtney :D

mearstrae
04-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Welcome as a fellow 109 owner. You must have gotten a good one if you've been driving it for a week and haven't posted any problems or ordered anything from Rovers North (Most of us have RN on speed dial...LOL). My wife thought only she and Terri Ann were lady 109 drivers.

'95 R,R.C. Lwb (Gone...)
'76 Series III Hybrid 109
'70 Rover 3500S

SafeAirOne
04-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Nice 109. No scratches or dents? Nice.

That's exactly the configuration mine was in when I drove to work today (except I dropped the windshield too). I love spring. One good spring day cancels out all the miserable 109 driving from this past winter.

Oh...a note for the uninitiated: If you lower the windshield, make sure you strap it down somehow. It'll DEFINITELY come back up (quite violently) if you go fast enough.

parrie
04-11-2014, 07:12 AM
Congratulations Courtney, great looking truck! It's obvious by the smile on your face that you now have the sickness!

My 109 Dormobile (Daisey) is currenty completely torn down for restoration...hopefully will look as good as yours when it's done.

You'll find plenty of support on the forum, lots of good people willing to help! Good Luck!

Partsman
04-11-2014, 08:17 AM
Welcome to the asylum, maybe you can talk to my wife and show her the appeal of driving a Landie.
Harvey

TeriAnn
04-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Hello Everyone, I couldn't find the introduction section, so my apologies if I missed it... I just wanted to say hi and introduce my 109 and I. I've only had my Land Rover for a week now so I'm still very new to all things Land Rover. Really excited to learn as much as possible here.
Happy Trails,
Courtney :D

Hi Courtney

It is a very lovely looking SIII 109 regular. Now I have to ask, why did you buy the truck? What do you want to do that makes a Series LR the essential accessory or perhaps a star enabling device? Also you didn't say where you are located.

Me, I love the beauty of nature and have a passion to explore vistas I have yet to see. I also love the peace of being away from the modern world. My Land Rover has shown me wonders that I otherwise would never have seen, taking me off the maps and safely back again. Well off the beaten paths that society had set out for me as a little girl. My Series II Land Rover has changed my life, opened new vistas, enriched my soul and left grease under my nails. Give me my Land Rover, my dog, camera, some good books and something to write on and I never willing quit the trail.

By the way if you do not have one, buy the owners manual and follow the maintenance schedule. It makes all the difference in the world as to how reliable they are.

Happy trails

o2batsea
04-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Hope you don't mind being approached by the curious. Nothing attracts attention at a gas station like a Series. I like how you have the driver's side vent open to get some air. I think you're the first Series owner I know in Milwaukee.

AustinK
04-14-2014, 11:16 AM
If you are ever heading up to the UP near Iron Mountain and want to hit some fun trails let me know. My family and I head out exploring in our 109 5 door on a regular basis. These rovers tend to wheedle their way into our hearts. Mine is named "Gwen" and my wife loving calls her my "Iron Mistress". Good luck yours is a beautiful example! I have heavily modified mine to make it more pleasant to drive on the highway so if you ever want any information let me know.

Manny
04-14-2014, 04:53 PM
Very nice truck. I was bidding on that very truck for my son. Congrats on the purchase. One other forum you might want to join is Guns & Rovers. I visit both the RN and GNR for information.
Cheers,
Manny

Dibsen
04-18-2014, 05:18 PM
Hello, and great 109! congrats on your purchase, hope you have many miles of smiles ahead of you.