PDA

View Full Version : Soft top with zip off sides for 88?

REDrum
04-22-2014, 06:04 PM
Zip off sides and rear canvas, to convert to surrey top for wheeling and hot weather.

Anyone know of one? None of the usual suspects seem to produce one. My buddy the search button ain't givin' it up

Perhaps one-off made to order only?

Bueller?

I Leak Oil
04-22-2014, 06:08 PM
Badger? I'm sure you tried them already.

REDrum
04-22-2014, 06:18 PM
Badger? I'm sure you tried them already.

I surfed the site, but didn't call Chris.

stomper
04-22-2014, 06:41 PM
I've seen one that has slide out sides, and screen windows that can be slid in for camping too! It also could be used as a pick up configuration, a full canvas, and a rear 3/4 canvas. It was a great modular design.

Who was the genius who developed such a great design? That would be a Mr. safeoneair!

REDrum
04-22-2014, 06:48 PM
Who was the genius who developed such a great design? That would be a Mr. safeoneair!

Saw that. Uber sweet. I stoked the thread on G&R.

SafeAirOne
04-22-2014, 10:19 PM
I've seen one that has slide out sides, and screen windows that can be slid in for camping too! It also could be used as a pick up configuration, a full canvas, and a rear 3/4 canvas. It was a great modular design.

Ha!

Yeah, I replied over on G&R that I just don't have the time to make any modular soft top components. They're pretty complicated and time-consuming to make. I just don't have that sort of time right now. I might bang out several bikini tops, but that's all I foresee in the immediate future.

Ironically, just today I received the material to make the removable rear wall to the revised pickup cab I made last year. I got tired of freezing in the mornings with the rear of my cab completely open.

rbbailey
04-23-2014, 09:09 PM
There are a couple of guys in my area that have pretty cool Velcro front windows.

They have a galvanized fairing along the front edge.

I have a photo of a sort of mustard color 88" on my flickr page that I can link when I get home. User name on flickr is bhcmbailey.