PDA

View Full Version : Vermin

LaneRover
05-03-2014, 08:40 AM
OK, I am building a garage and a couple Rovers that have been sitting out will be put inside. One of them has just been sitting for a few years. Any ideas on making sure that I don't bring Vermin into the garage with the Rovers?

I will start with double checking the seats and headlining of course.

NC_Mule
05-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Bait some traps and see if you get any hits. Snakes don't like moth balls so spread some of those in the inside of the car. If you have mice you should see evidence of poop.
Last fall when I brought home a1968 Saab 96 I moved a bunch of mice from VA to NC. When I noticed them I left the trunk open on sunny days and my cat took care of the problem.

pb

LaneRover
05-03-2014, 03:47 PM
The garage is in Maine so no snake worries.

I did think about baiting some traps and leaving them in the Rovers for a bit.

elmateorino
05-03-2014, 05:52 PM
I don't know how feasible it would be for you to do, but tape any openings into the cab shut, then run a hose off a running car's exhaust into the cab for awhile. When you are done make sure you air it out really well before getting in. A couple of CO2 fire extinguishers welder bottles work too and without all of the other chemicals . It works great for killing critters in boat cabins too. Good luck

LaneRover
05-03-2014, 07:04 PM
That is potentially a good idea. But knowing Rovers . . . that would be A LOT of tape

But that doesn't help if they have taken up residence in the frame . . .

o2batsea
05-05-2014, 08:15 AM
mothballs