PDA

View Full Version : Wheel hub seal Double lipped

griswald
05-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Hello,
I just replaced the rear right (passenger side if looking from the rear) oil hub seal and the race on the axle...

It seams to be leaking within about 100 miles....Agrh!

So, I have seen or read that Federal makes double lip hub oil seals for Series landrovers...

I can not seem to find them on our host's site. Could someone please let me know if RN sells them or if they have a Federal oil seal number or PM me a possible vendor?

Thanks so much!
Griswald
1971 SWB iia

leafsprung
05-13-2014, 12:18 AM
Double lipped seals are nice, however, your single lip shouldn't leak that quickly. You have another issue. Your breather is clogged, your distance piece is damaged or its leaking between the distance piece and stub axle. Fix that AND get the double lipper.

Hello,
I just replaced the rear right (passenger side if looking from the rear) oil hub seal and the race on the axle...

It seams to be leaking within about 100 miles....Agrh!

So, I have seen or read that Federal makes double lip hub oil seals for Series landrovers...

I can not seem to find them on our host's site. Could someone please let me know if RN sells them or if they have a Federal oil seal number or PM me a possible vendor?

Thanks so much!
Griswald
1971 SWB iia

2roverlabs
05-29-2014, 11:04 AM
I too need to replace my rear oil hub seal. I'm relatively new to fixing my Series III - body work mostly. Any good online videos or blog sites that step through the process?

SafeAirOne
05-29-2014, 01:26 PM
I too need to replace my rear oil hub seal. I'm relatively new to fixing my Series III - body work mostly. Any good online videos or blog sites that step through the process?

The Series III Workshop Manual is the original blog on how to fix all the stuff.

darbsclt
05-30-2014, 06:48 AM

Here's (http://www.series2club.co.uk/forum/forum/index.php/topic,70640.msg648915.html#msg648915) a thread from the UK's Series 2 Club (you might need to register in order to see the pics). Needless to say there is a wealth of knowledge "across the pond." While you don't need to become a member to register on the forum... the resource is well worth the price - should you decide to join.