PDA

View Full Version : Fuel issue

benji77
06-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Hello,

This is my first post, as I have only owned my new Lightweight for a couple months. It is a 77 series 3 gasoline beauty with a few minor issues I am trying to tackle. It has dual gas tanks, of which, one works fine. The driver's side tank (RHD) will send fuel at first, but after a short time (1-6 minutes) it stops. It will do this at all times-driving and idle. I can switch it to the other tank and back and it will work again for a short time.

I am not sure where to start. I feel like it is something between the tank and fuel pump, but am also wondering if the pump could be faltering and it is only happening on one tank at the moment.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

SafeAirOne
06-09-2014, 06:26 PM
I don't have one of these dual tank switchover valves, but folks that do report that the cork gasket in the valve lets air in when it gets old and is in need of replacing. Not sure if that's your problem, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

cedryck
06-10-2014, 06:48 AM
I have dual tanks on my ex-mod. Mark is right the gasket does get old, brittle and shrinks letting air through, you can take apart the switch over valve, and cut a new gasket,
also,
check the condition of the fuel pick-up in the tank that is faulty,
check for obstructions in fuel line, rust, is the popular one,
cheers,