PDA

View Full Version : Series 2A 109

jimmyboy
08-04-2014, 04:00 PM
hi, my first post

has anybody put a black full roll cage on a green body/ white safari top

they look really cool on a white 110 defender.

thanks

o2batsea
08-04-2014, 05:01 PM
If you mean an exo-cage, nobody makes one that will fit a 2A. Safety Devices, who makes the cage for the 110 (NAS and ROW) makes an interior roll cage for the 109. Check their website and or drop them an email. They are Brits, tho, so don't expect an immediate response.

milhouse
08-11-2014, 10:12 AM
FYI - I emailed Safety Devices on Friday regarding an interior cage for my Series II 109 and received a reply today saying that they do not make one that would fit. Not sure if they made one in the past, but they at least no longer make one.

o2batsea
08-11-2014, 11:21 AM
<<limp noodle sound>> Hm well they do show a front exo-cage on their web site. It would need additional customization to work but it is certainly possible. Maybe they just quit doing Series vehicles

milhouse
08-11-2014, 07:20 PM
That's the impression I have. Very pleasant reply from them regardless, and they did say they still do direct fitting cages that they fabricate in their shop, but the vehicle has to be there in person (in the UK).

Is the interior shape and height of a 110 THAT different than a 109? From the looks of it the 4-point interior cage looks like it should fit, unless is the frame mounting points that become the issue.

warrenperkinson
08-11-2014, 09:08 PM
The problem with roll cages on the series trucks is that there is no structural strength in the body, so the roll cage needs to be bolted to the chassis.

I had an (internal) roll cage custom made for my Series IIa SWB which bolted (through the tub) directly to the chassis (or more correctly, it bolted to a fitting beneath the tub that was bolted to the chassis).

The advantage of an internal roll cage was that I can put a hard top or a soft top over the top of it easily.