PDA

View Full Version : Hard top interior- show your pics

bensdad
08-10-2014, 07:22 PM
Hi guys,
I am working on the hard top of my 60 Series 2 SWB. Any suggestions of how to finish the interior? Should I add insulation or carpet or just paint it? Maybe a truck bed liner or rubber paint?
I live in California and it does get pretty hot so that is important.
I am painting the exterior Limestone, which should reflect some of the heat.
Show me your interiors if you have any pics...

Also, any suggestions to which LED interior dome lights are worth a darn would be appreciated.

Thank you so much!

stomper
08-10-2014, 08:35 PM
I have a standard series IIa dome light, and I placed an LED light into it. Works fine, and lights up the entire inside of the truck. Of course so did the regular incandescent bulb, but that's for you to decide.

The headliner makes a big difference in sound deadening, as having a soft surface absorbs the sound, rather than reflecting it back, and feeling like you are in an echoing tin can. I have a headliner from badger coach works in mine, because that is what it came with when I purchased the truck. If I didn't care about originality, I would cover the roof with a closed cell insulation, and then cover the insulation with a marine grade carpet. There area few guys that have done this, and it looks great.

mrmurray
08-12-2014, 05:53 PM
I installed dynamat in my Volvo 544 project, and it made the interior much more quiet compared to the stock insulation. Its like having a new car, though I cant say much for the thermal properties. I leave the black car in the sun, and none of the dynamat has loosened (it is installed under the headliner) but it doesn't get too hot in Portland very often. Amazon has the best price on dynamat (sold in "bulk packs"). I plan to install this stuff in my Series IIa once its time to put the roof back on. Dynamat goes under over coverings like door panels, headliners, etc. It takes a while to install, so be prepared for a long weekend, and be sure to wear gloves. Just my 2c of course.

bensdad
08-13-2014, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys. I am looking into Dynamat and also the headliner ideas. I really haven't seen too many interiors on Series, but it doesn't seem like it would be too good to leave it bare metal.

Cutter
08-14-2014, 10:45 PM
My soon to be former 109 has an oem bare metal interior. It's painted the same as the outside, maybe noisier than one with a headliner but really maintenance free! Plus super easy to get at everything.