PDA

View Full Version : Waxoyl (and similar) into Bulkhead Pillars on Series IIa

warrenperkinson
09-09-2014, 10:10 PM
I'd like to get some decent rust protection inside the bulkhead pillars of my series IIa 88" (I use a product similar to Waxoyl called Prolan - which is a lanolin based product which I highly recommend).

I have thought about injecting it through the hinge mounting bolt holes, but I have also read on other sites about drilling a small hole into the top of the bulkhead pillar.

Has anyone tried either of these on a series IIa? Which would you recommend? Or is there a trick that I'm missing?

Cheers...

TedW
09-10-2014, 07:33 AM
I'd like to get some decent rust protection inside the bulkhead pillars of my series IIa 88" (I use a product similar to Waxoyl called Prolan - which is a lanolin based product which I highly recommend).

I have thought about injecting it through the hinge mounting bolt holes, but I have also read on other sites about drilling a small hole into the top of the bulkhead pillar.

Has anyone tried either of these on a series IIa? Which would you recommend? Or is there a trick that I'm missing?

Cheers...

You can get very good access through the hinge holes; especially helpful is one of the plastic hoses with the 360 degree applicator nozzle, available from our hosts. That guy can get you just about everywhere in the bulkhead - and the frame, as well.

o2batsea
09-10-2014, 08:54 AM
Or take off the wing and shoot thru the spire nut holes