PDA

View Full Version : Oil temp sensor line

Artificer
09-18-2014, 03:43 PM
Rosie has started leaking oil at about the rate of one quart every ten minutes from a break in the oil temperature sensor line that goes from the filter to the gauge. Anyone know where I can get a new line, or have one made?

stomper
09-18-2014, 06:22 PM
Pangolin4x4.com. Ike is the only one making new ones.

ivan
09-18-2014, 06:47 PM
I have an original that does not leak if u are interested,located in va.

stomper
09-18-2014, 08:02 PM
I had one made up locally out of aeroquipe SS braided line, but the issue is finding the correct fittings for the end. One end is a standard JIC fitting, but the end that goes to the gauge is a weird fitting that no one seems to have. I eventually found a garage that worked on large commercial rigs and refer trailers who had the correct fittings.

Nissonger, who rebuilds gauges also has an oil line that would work, but it is just a plastic tube with the correct fittings. I'm not a purist, but since it was originally a steel braided line, I felt like plastic was a little cheap for the application.

Be careful of finding anything that is New OverStock, rovahfarm was able to find some, but the internal rubber was all cracked, and they leaked before they were even installed, so trevor couldn't sell them.