PDA

View Full Version : 88 series 1 exaust route , good bulk head and frame value?

johnhlrbc
06-25-2007, 08:51 PM
I was wondering the origional routeing of the exaust on an 88 series 1 , it was off due to a cracked manifold when I got it . or anyone know where a guy could buy a complete exaust , also I was wondering what a good 88" ,series 1 frame and bulk head was worth. thanks

scott
06-26-2007, 11:36 PM
there's a guy named fred in albuquerque. he builds custom headers and exhaust sytems for hot rodders, stock cars and stuff. he thought my series iia looked cool and said he'd make me a manifold back system for ~250.00. he uses an aluminum coated steel that he claims holds up almost as well as stainless. sorry but i don't know how different the series i is. he's going to use my whole riddle pipes as a go by.

johnhlrbc
06-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the info , i was able to find a place in st albert, Alberta that has the complete exaust , factory hangers and all, anyone know what a good frame is worth?

daveb
06-29-2007, 11:15 AM
that is a pretty open ended question. how good is good? where are they? who is buying them? etc etc

anyone know what a good frame is worth?

johnhlrbc
06-30-2007, 10:21 AM
straight and rust free , the one I was looking at looks pretty good , the engine ,tranny and bulkhead are still on it but the back is stripped and it looks good and solid, I guess its the rear crossmember thats the weak point right? bulkhead looks very useable , not perfect , but solid as well , its a little tweaked on the drivers side [LH] door post

daveb
06-30-2007, 09:52 PM
got pics? what's your budget? are you going to spend more to get it hot dipped? can you get the seller to suggest a price? I got my 88" frame used for $500 back in '96. Yours is rare and it is now 10 years later so figure a bit more than that. What does a new one cost? A new bulkhead? Is there such a thing available? Bulkhead repairs can be expensive if you don't weld. All things to think about.

straight and rust free , the one I was looking at looks pretty good , [LH] door post

johnhlrbc
07-05-2007, 12:19 AM
I uploaded a few pics , but Im not sure if they will show in this post , I was thinking of sand blasting and repainting , no budget , I'll do what I can when I can :)