PDA

View Full Version : Bump stop (buffers) behind seat backs/center seat base questions

lumpydog
11-01-2014, 05:04 AM
All:

Two quick questions. I have the adjustable base deluxe seats in my 68 2a. The center seat base is fixed.

1) The center seat has two bump stops mounted to the frame behind the seat back near the top. The passenger and driver seats have no rubber bump stops behind them. What do you have on your rover? Trying to decide if I want to add a few of the same bump stops behind the driver and passenger seats to add more support.

2) The center seat base "floats" in place. There is nothing fixing it in place. How is your deluxe center seat base secured?

Pictures of either wold be helpful. Thanks all.

warrenperkinson
11-04-2014, 06:38 PM
Hi Lumpydog,

I have just recently fitted Delux seats into my series IIa.

Sorry, I don't have photos for you at the moment, but I can try to answer your questions...

I put rubber bumpstoppers behind all seats (2 behind each seat). I'm not sure that they are needed behind the driver and passenger seats if you have the adjustable seat bases, but I installed them anyway. The series IIa did not have the adjustable bases in the earlier models, so I already had the holes in place for these. It can't hurt...

The middle seat just sits there. There should be a couple of angle brackets at the front of the seat mounts that stops the seat base from sliding forward. I found that my seat is a bit sloppy and moves around a little, but is mostly held in place by the driver and passenger seats.

Let me know if you need/want photos and I'll source a few for you...

Cheers...

tolonian
11-04-2014, 10:40 PM
I have a late IIA with driver and passenger adjustable seat bases and only the centre seat backrest has the rubber bump stops mounted to the bulkhead. The centre seat squab just sits on the rails on the seat base with a little angle bracket to hold it from moving forward, very high tech.