PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Baby Bonnet Buffers

printjunky
11-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Anyone know where, and/or have a pic of where these go?

Purely curiosity. I'm pretty sure my Rover is doing fine and my beer still tastes good without them, though if I could gain a couple of MPGs or get some top end boost by adding them ...

LaneRover
11-11-2014, 12:53 PM
They are used on the bonnet with the tire carrier. If your bonnet doesn't have the tire carrier you don't need them.

SafeAirOne
11-11-2014, 01:09 PM
They are used on the bonnet with the tire carrier. If your bonnet doesn't have the tire carrier you don't need them.

I think those are different. To me, they look too small. The ones that go between the tire and the hood are a lot bigger. The ones pictured look like part number 332647, that mount to the bulkhead to take up any slop in the hood hinges on the SIII (not sure about on the non-modern, pre-SIII Rovers). The trailing edge of the hood sort of bumps into these when the hood is closed:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3945/15743415456_6e8f4f07f8_z.jpg

69Bugeye
11-11-2014, 01:25 PM
What Mark said...:thumb-up:

LaneRover
11-11-2014, 02:18 PM
I think those are different. To me, they look too small. The ones that go between the tire and the hood are a lot bigger. The ones pictured look like part number 332647, that mount to the bulkhead to take up any slop in the hood hinges on the SIII (not sure about on the non-modern, pre-SIII Rovers). The trailing edge of the hood sort of bumps into these when the hood is closed:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3945/15743415456_6e8f4f07f8_z.jpg

You are correct - the ones I spoke of have a screw through the middle IIRC.

TedW
11-11-2014, 02:25 PM
Anyone know where, and/or have a pic of where these go?

Purely curiosity. I'm pretty sure my Rover is doing fine and my beer still tastes good without them, though if I could gain a couple of MPGs or get some top end boost by adding them ...

It's too late now: You know what they are, and every time you look at those two empty holes in your bulkhead you will see that they are missing. It will knaw at you in your sleep. Just surrender and order them up........

tolonian
11-12-2014, 01:20 PM
It's too late now: You know what they are, and every time you look at those two empty holes in your bulkhead you will see that they are missing. It will knaw at you in your sleep. Just surrender and order them up........

LOL, so true!

printjunky
11-14-2014, 12:48 PM

Ted,
Please also correctly predict tomorrow's Powerball number (best send PM).
Thanks,
Shawn