X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • printjunky
    3rd Gear
    • Jul 2007

Rubber Baby Bonnet Buffers

Anyone know where, and/or have a pic of where these go?

Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqN,!rkFG9sdFYFPBR3(bWrnZQ~~60_12.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	173179

Purely curiosity. I'm pretty sure my Rover is doing fine and my beer still tastes good without them, though if I could gain a couple of MPGs or get some top end boost by adding them ...
  • LaneRover
    Overdrive
    • Oct 2006

They are used on the bonnet with the tire carrier. If your bonnet doesn't have the tire carrier you don't need them.
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Comment

• SafeAirOne
      Overdrive
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by LaneRover
      They are used on the bonnet with the tire carrier. If your bonnet doesn't have the tire carrier you don't need them.
      I think those are different. To me, they look too small. The ones that go between the tire and the hood are a lot bigger. The ones pictured look like part number 332647, that mount to the bulkhead to take up any slop in the hood hinges on the SIII (not sure about on the non-modern, pre-SIII Rovers). The trailing edge of the hood sort of bumps into these when the hood is closed:

--Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
      (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Comment

• 69Bugeye
        Low Range
        • May 2009

What Mark said...
        Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.
        Lick it once, and you'll suck forever.

Comment

• LaneRover
          Overdrive
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by SafeAirOne
          I think those are different. To me, they look too small. The ones that go between the tire and the hood are a lot bigger. The ones pictured look like part number 332647, that mount to the bulkhead to take up any slop in the hood hinges on the SIII (not sure about on the non-modern, pre-SIII Rovers). The trailing edge of the hood sort of bumps into these when the hood is closed:

You are correct - the ones I spoke of have a screw through the middle IIRC.
          1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
          1965 109 SW - nearly running well
          1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
          1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Comment

• TedW
            5th Gear
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by printjunky
            Anyone know where, and/or have a pic of where these go?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10362[/ATTACH]

Purely curiosity. I'm pretty sure my Rover is doing fine and my beer still tastes good without them, though if I could gain a couple of MPGs or get some top end boost by adding them ...
            It's too late now: You know what they are, and every time you look at those two empty holes in your bulkhead you will see that they are missing. It will knaw at you in your sleep. Just surrender and order them up........

Comment

• tolonian
              Low Range
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by TedW
              It's too late now: You know what they are, and every time you look at those two empty holes in your bulkhead you will see that they are missing. It will knaw at you in your sleep. Just surrender and order them up........
              LOL, so true!

Comment

• printjunky
                3rd Gear
                • Jul 2007

Hahaha

Originally posted by TedW
                Ted,
                Please also correctly predict tomorrow's Powerball number (best send PM).
                Thanks,
                Shawn

Comment

Working...