PDA

View Full Version : Blower Motor

rbbailey
11-18-2014, 07:09 PM
I did a quick search, so point me in the right direction if I'm missing something.

I've got the original blower motor from the Kodiak in my '65 IIa. It always worked, but it was low power because... well, I guess the bearings are bad, or it's dirty, or whatever else could go wrong over 50 years of work.

So, can I expect to get more life out of it if I pull it apart and clean and "restore" it myself, or should I just take it to a local pro and let them deal with it for $100 or so?

darbsclt
11-18-2014, 08:39 PM
These have been listed as replacement motors...

NAPA M882 (this may be an old part number - I imagine they can cross reference it)
Auto Zone (http://www.autozone.com/climate-control/a-c-heater-blower-motor/vdo-a-c-heater-blower-motor/141507/) - VDO PM351

You may want to check them out first...

o2batsea
11-18-2014, 08:56 PM
Yah they're a pretty standard-issue 12V fan motor. Made in USA. Prolly prestolite or some such. You should be able to find a direct replacement for cheap.

rbbailey
11-18-2014, 09:05 PM
OK, that's good to know.

I partially disassembled mine and cleaned it up. It seems to run pretty well. I may just put it back in and if I have to replace it later, fine. As long as it appears to be an easy bit to find. Thanks.