PDA

View Full Version : Importing a forward control..

parksy
01-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Just thinking out loud;

I have a Brit mate who has a Series 2 ambulance that he keeps with his brother that lives stateside. I like the idea but need a definitive answer on one thing;

As previously stated my Series IIA Forward Control is a '63er, so exempt DOT regs being over 25 years (and a bit) old but I have fitted a 1970s Land Rover 6 cylinder to replace the seized original 6 cylinder engine.

Would this make it difficult/impossible to import?

Would it need to be original engine, gearbox, transfer box etc?

Cheers for your help :cool:

SafeAirOne
01-11-2015, 06:38 PM
If you PM user "derekchase" on this forum, he may be able to help you out, information-wise He's imported a several Rovers in the last few years.

parksy
01-12-2015, 03:08 AM
If you PM user "derekchase" on this forum, he may be able to help you out, information-wise He's imported a several Rovers in the last few years.
Thanks, will do

Parksy

o2batsea
01-12-2015, 02:19 PM
Customs will let you bring it in as long as it has the same engine (doesn't need to be "numbers matching") as when it left the factory. Or no engine.
So, if it came with a Rover six cylinder gas engine, and the customs people see a Rover six cylinder gas engine when they inspect it, you should be golden.
Then, when you get it here, you can drop an LS6 in it and a 6 speed slush box from an Escalade.