PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy - Kodiak Mark III Heater Badge

darbsclt
01-13-2015, 03:39 PM
I've been working with Karl at Machine Plates Online (http://www.machineplatesonline.com/) along with Land Rover North America and have been given permission to print a limited number of Kodiak MKIII Heater badges. My goal is to have these badges be as authentic as possible. Land Rover will supply the logo and design direction.

The only catch is... I've been given permission for ONE printing, stipulating that these badges are for personal use (not for retail). The draft agreement LRNA has offered is for 10 badges. I believe, however, that this can be amended to allow for more, if there is additional interest.

The cost for the badges will vary based on the number printed:

$20 – for initial layout (to be shared proportionally by all badges produced)
$5.15/badge + postage

Printed on .020” Silver Aluminum

Please let me know if you would like a badge. We will be using the picture, below as a template.

*** If anyone has an actual badge... I would love another picture as well as the exact badge measurements. ***

Cheers!

Chuck

ps. I have to give a HUGE shout out to Kim McCullough - Vice President, Marketing, Jaguar Land Rover North America. As the proud owner of a '53 Series 1... she truly understands the unique draw of these wonderful vehicles. Once I reached out to her, she didn't hesitate to help... even calling me, personally, 2 days before Christmas. Needless to say, I was very impressed with her dedication to both new and classic rovers.

stomper
01-13-2015, 06:08 PM
I'm in for one. If you need prepayment or anything, just let me know!

griswald
01-13-2015, 06:48 PM
I will take one also...please let me know when and where to pay.
Best,
Griswald

darbsclt
01-14-2015, 08:30 AM
I'm in for one. If you need prepayment or anything, just let me know!

Super!... will do... watch this thread for updates...

darbsclt
01-14-2015, 08:31 AM
I will take one also...please let me know when and where to pay.
Best,
Griswald

Ditto!

darbsclt
01-14-2015, 09:02 AM
Just a quick update...

We've now reached our (initial) quota of 10 badges. I've reached out to LRNA, asking if they might amend the agreement to allow for more. I don't foresee an issue... but I'll let everyone know.

Understatedcoolness
01-14-2015, 05:29 PM
If its not too late I'm in for one as well. Let me know what you need. Thanks in advance for doing the work!

DesignerV
01-14-2015, 06:56 PM
So, I have one of these heaters, but I am not sure where the badge would be located to see if I have a badge or not. Can anyone advise? Thanks! (Sorry for the newbie question!)

darbsclt
01-14-2015, 09:53 PM
If its not too late I'm in for one as well. Let me know what you need. Thanks in advance for doing the work!

Yes, I have you on the list & I've been able to amend the agreement to now print 20 badges (with the potential for more by further amendment). I believe that , as of this note, we have requests for 15 badges.

Cheers!

Chuck

darbsclt
01-14-2015, 09:59 PM
So, I have one of these heaters, but I am not sure where the badge would be located to see if I have a badge or not. Can anyone advise? Thanks! (Sorry for the newbie question!)

In all honesty, I've never seen a badge actually affixed. Since these heaters were dealer options, my guess is that the placement of a badge was also an option up to the dealer. If it helps, this is the area where I will be placing my badge (represented by the white paper in the photo).

I hope that helps...

Andrew IIA
01-15-2015, 06:42 AM
On my '63 SIIA this badge is on a small plate affixed to the dash just to the right of the steering column.

Best, Andrew

darbsclt
01-15-2015, 06:52 AM
Hi Andrew...

MAN!... you have some beautiful photos on your Flickr page!

I don't see any of the badge, however... would you mind, terribly, taking a quick picture of it's placement & verifying its measurements?

Cheers!

Chuck

Edit: Okay, I just checked out your blog as well... you, sir, are my hero!

Understatedcoolness
01-15-2015, 11:47 PM
I just came across this pic of an installed Kodiak badge surfing the web. Not sure if its a factory location or not though.

Andrew IIA
01-16-2015, 08:10 AM
Hi Andrew...

MAN!... you have some beautiful photos on your Flickr page!

I don't see any of the badge, however... would you mind, terribly, taking a quick picture of it's placement & verifying its measurements?

Cheers!

Chuck

Edit: Okay, I just checked out your blog as well... you, sir, are my hero!

Thanks ! :)

Here is a lousy photo of the badge on my dash. Its seems that the installers put them wherever the wanted to.
Best, Andrew

darbsclt
01-16-2015, 01:10 PM
Thanks ! :)

Here is a lousy photo of the badge on my dash. Its seems that the installers put them wherever the wanted to.
Best, Andrew

Thanks Andrew... That's exactly what I was looking for!... and I agree, they probably used there discretion on installation.

Of course, had I just pulled out a copy of the installation manual... I would have seen the "textbook" location.

HybridIIA
01-16-2015, 05:49 PM
I'd be interested in one (or two if that is not too greedy).

darbsclt
01-16-2015, 07:54 PM
I'd be interested in one (or two if that is not too greedy).

We had room for one more on the list - you now have that slot. If anyone backs out, you also have first alternate...

Cheers!

So just to be more clear, the "surveying" portion of our group buy is closed. We have 20 badges spoken for.

Next steps:

- I'll reach out to everyone via PM to confirm interest
- I'll begin working with the printer on a design (once completed, I'll update this thread)

Note: If anyone missed this opportunity & would like their name added to a "second string" list let me know. There's always the possibility of someone backing out... or for another print run.

Cheers!

Chuck

Edit: PMs sent

darbsclt
02-11-2015, 03:01 PM
If you are one of the 20 folks who have expressed interest in this badge, but have NOT checked your PM's lately - Could you please do so?

I'm still waiting on a couple of responses from my 2/9/15 project update.

Thanks,

darbsclt
02-23-2015, 01:57 PM
The Badges are in!

If you have ordered a badge... you should receive a PM (in the next day or so) with payment instructions and a final amount. "Griswald," I still need your contact info/mailing address/mailing preference (see my last PM 2/14).

Cheers