PDA

View Full Version : S3 turn indicator light questions

longshaor
04-06-2015, 09:10 PM
This is actually two separate questions. Not sure if it matters, but my Rover is an ex-Army FFR.

First, the turn signal indicators don't appear to work. The 4-ways work fine, but no turn signals. I was told by a previous owner that if I leave it sit "for a bit" with the 4-ways going, the turn signal module would heat up and function. Does this sound even remotely possible or do I just have a bad flasher unit?

Second, are the turn signal indicator lights on the dashboard supposed to be different colors?

Thanks in advance!

jac04
04-07-2015, 07:37 AM
You can easily take the cover off the flasher unit and give it a visual exam. On my Lightweight, I found a bad solder joint on the PC board inside the flasher unit. After fixing that, the turn signals would not work on occasion, but momentarily turning on the 4-way flashers would always get them working again. I was going to replace the flasher unit, but it didn't happen all that often and the flasher unit was quite expensive.

There are 2 different color indicator lights - one for the vehicle turn signals and the other for the trailer turn signals. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly when the trailer turn signal indicator is supposed to come on - I think only with a trailer connected.

Les Parker
04-07-2015, 02:49 PM
The Amber one comes on when the trailer is connected, the green ones should work for Left and Right.
RN offers # PLH625 Flasher for $40.95.
2p

longshaor
04-11-2015, 05:30 PM
OK, so the light on the left should be amber and the one on the right should be green, and they'll flash based on whether or not the trailer is fitted, not based on the direction being indicated? I just want to make sure I have that right.