PDA

View Full Version : Windshield size

coyoteair
05-10-2015, 02:20 PM
Just got a huge rock strike on windshield driving the Dalton Highway in Alaska. Need to get a piece of glass cut to replace it. Anyone know the exact size to order?

bensdad
05-10-2015, 02:41 PM
No, but please send pics of the Dalton Highway. How cool is that???? Good luck to you!!

SafeAirOne
05-10-2015, 02:52 PM
Just got a huge rock strike on windshield driving the Dalton Highway in Alaska. Need to get a piece of glass cut to replace it. Anyone know the exact size to order?

Not to put a too-fine a point on it, but the exact same size as the broken one.??

coyoteair
05-10-2015, 04:44 PM
I was hoping to order a piece of glass with out removing the old one, since that will make the vehicle undrivable until a new piece arrives, and since the fit is quit important given the small edge distance I wanted to get it right the first time. But if actual help is not available sarcasm helps.

SafeAirOne
05-10-2015, 07:53 PM
No sarcasm intended, my friend. I'm confident that somebody will be along to supply you with the information you seek.

In the unlikely event that this information isn't provided to you in a timely manner, my recommendation would be to just to take a couple minutes to remove the windshield glass keeper screws and keepers, move the putty over a bit, measure the glass, then reinstall the keepers and some of the screws while you order the replacement glass and await its arrival; No interim glass removal necessary.

Best wishes!

o2batsea
05-11-2015, 06:39 AM
I assume it's on the driver's side? If so, take out both pieces of glass and swap the good one over to the driver side. It's held in with asphalt impregnated tape, so as long as it isn't really cold they just come out with gentle pressure.