PDA

View Full Version : weber curiosity

cedryck
05-15-2015, 02:47 PM
How many different weber carbs are there? What is the most popular?

Les Parker
05-15-2015, 04:49 PM
Gazzilions, though only 2 or 3 that fit Series vehicles.
2 barrel ones mean a different intake manifold, single barrel, 34ICH, have a reputation for running a tad lean.

2p

cedryck
05-19-2015, 02:59 PM
Thanks mate!

bugeye88
05-20-2015, 10:47 AM
Cedryck,

I'm a fan of the Weber 34 ICH. It runs great with the 2.5 motor when adjusted correctly. Low end torque is very good as it has good intake velocity. The tendency to run a bit lean can be corrected by jetting and idle adjustment for your altitude. Talking to someone familiar with Webers ( like Red Line or another Weber vendor) can suggest the correct jets for your altitude. Result will probably include running slightly larger jets than usual for your altitude. I have also ran Rochester Carby's and like the low end performance and better milage of the Weber 34.
Cheers,

Rob
Bugeye88

wgnwheel
05-29-2015, 11:50 PM
On my '75 109' : Weber 32/36 DGV - Pierce manifold conversion - K&N Filter.

As stated above, Webers are finicky, so proper jet (all of them) adjustments should be made at the altitude your running - best to carry an Altitude Jet Kit in your Rover sundries bag, and know how to trade them out efficiently on the side of a road if your going to run between elevations and want vehicle to perform.

Some folks like the Webers, and some will tell you to 'Run away!' --- I am non-partial to any of it - having to adjust it at times is just part of me making the vehicle happy - add smiley face here -