PDA

View Full Version : Thems is the brakes

bullstanky
06-01-2015, 06:12 PM
My front right wheel cylinder has been leaking, and under emergency stopping conditions my truck has pulled hard to the left.

So, I replaced all wheel cylinders at all four corners, added a dual master, replaced the flexible lines in the front, plumbed it all together and bled the crap out of all four corners.

I went out for a road test, jammed on the brakes at about 50mph, and guess what...it pulled hard to the left.

Any ideas?

o2batsea
06-01-2015, 06:20 PM
Tire low

LaneRover
06-02-2015, 09:41 AM
Did you replace and/or adjust the shoes?

slowmo
06-02-2015, 09:59 AM
What LaneRover said. If the cylinder leaked on the shoes they should be replaced.

You may also need to adjust the brakes. Jack up one side and tighten the adjusters until the wheel is locked. Then back off the adjuster until the wheel spins freely. Then do the other side.

One more thing comes to mind. If you removed the shoes then you removed the springs. The top spring must be attached to the post on the back plate (not the other shoe). Don't ask how I know this.

bugeye88
06-02-2015, 10:44 AM
My guess is brake shoes that got soaked with either brake fluid or 90Wt. Brake shoes with this tend to pull that side. Replace brake shoes and make sure there is no ongoing big leaks still going on in that area. (notice i said big leaks, as they all leak)

Rob
Bugeye88

bullstanky
06-24-2015, 02:12 PM
I swapped the front tires from one side to the other...and voila...no issues.

bugeye88
06-24-2015, 03:44 PM
Tires? well well.