PDA

View Full Version : Series III (Lightweight) Tilt Advice Requested

Miknee
06-23-2015, 06:14 AM
I have a 1979 Series III lightweight (originally from Saudi Arabia) with a custom roll cage fitted with sand ramps either side.
I'm looking for a really poor quality/condition canvas tilt to use as a template so I can get something custom made as I think the regular one will be a little small (just by looking). I'm located in MA + need a little more weather protection lol.
If I can work out how to get a pic up here I'll let you see my predicament!
I haven't connected with the local LR community - any advice or suggestions/alternate solutions will be much appreciated.
(Planning on going to the Larz Anderson British car day this weekend)
Thanks!

SafeAirOne
06-23-2015, 06:34 AM
There's an Austraiian military Land Rover 109 canvas top builder's diagram floating around the internet. Just use that as a basis for a soft top.

SafeAirOne
06-23-2015, 07:10 AM
On second thought...between your custom roll cage and it being an air-portable, that diagram might not be quite so helpful to you...

Miknee
06-24-2015, 08:17 AM
Thanks - combing the web to look for the pattern to see if I can make any use of it.
Will keep an eye on eBay just in case something used turns up.

SafeAirOne
06-24-2015, 10:05 AM
Thanks - combing the web to look for the pattern to see if I can make any use of it.

I took a cursory look for it yesterday, but stopped after a few minutes. I know I found it twice in the past, but it was difficult to find. Probably from the REMLR site or AULRO site.

I know I downloaded it (twice), but I can't find it on this computer. Perhaps it is in my old computer.