X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmarsich
    Low Range
    • May 2015

1967 Series 2A Hybrid Build Project

Hello, thought I would post a few photos of my first Land Rover project. Living in Wisconsin I can't really say I have ever seen a Defender in person but have always liked the looks of them when I see them in movies and on TV. Found the body on craigslist and thought I would take a shot at building one myself. Let me know what you guys think...
  • dmarsich
    Low Range
    • May 2015

Not sure how to add photos so I am trying this....

Comment

• dmarsich
      Low Range
      • May 2015

Comment

• mearstrae
        5th Gear
        • Oct 2011

Looks like you're off to a good start. I'm thinking a really big Tomb Raider truck? Got a ways to go, but neat so far. What engine and drive train?

'99 Disco II
        '95 R.R.C. Lwb (Gone...)
        '76 Series III Hybrid 109
        '70 Rover 3500S

Comment

• dmarsich
          Low Range
          • May 2015

2005 Tahoe with the frame cut down 6" and the radiator support moved back 5". Wheel base is now 110"

Comment

• mearstrae
            5th Gear
            • Oct 2011

I caught the specs in the Series section. Hmmmm... An extra modern Defender I'd say. My Hybrid is all Land Rover, with a few Buick upgrades. A Stage 1 (old Range Rover) drive train (full time 4 wheel), but a Series III inset grill (breakfast). Yours should have power to spare compared to my 3.5L 4bbl V-8. The purists will have fits with yours, LOL. But, I feel whatever works for you is cool

'99 Disco II
            '95 R.R.C. Lwb (Gone...)
            '76 Series III Hybrid 109
            '70 Rover 3500S

Comment

• Partsman
              3rd Gear
              • May 2011

I'm more old school myself, not quite a purist, but I have no problem with this build, it's not like a nice straight barn-find 2 or 2A is being butchered for this, so there's no issue. I actually like the concept of finding a near match of another make, and building the body on top of it. I do have a question though, would it still be registered as a Tahoe, or a Tahoe/Land Rover hybrid?

Series 2 Club Forum

Andy The Landy Shop

Comment

• darkstar
                Low Range
                • Jan 2017

Have at it.
                Nice build...

Comment

• Skookumchuck
                  2nd Gear
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Partsman
                  I'm more old school myself, not quite a purist, but I have no problem with this build, it's not like a nice straight barn-find 2 or 2A is being butchered for this, so there's no issue. I actually like the concept of finding a near match of another make, and building the body on top of it. I do have a question though, would it still be registered as a Tahoe, or a Tahoe/Land Rover hybrid?
                  Pretty sure it will have to be Tahoe as the identity goes with the frame
                  1968 Series IIA
                  1987 D90 Kid's project
                  German wirehair Pointer (Wood Hound)

Comment

Working...