PDA

View Full Version : Removing choke cable knob and kodiak heater knobs

DGG
07-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Before I start getting too heavy handed with these, is there a proper way of removing them. I loosened the nuts securing the choke cable, but don't know where to go from there. Also the control knobs for my Kodiak MK IV heater. I want to refinish the panels. This is for my 61 109 station wagon. The cold start switch is the big mechanical one.

Thanks for for any help.

darbsclt
07-10-2015, 05:39 PM
I can only speak regarding the Kodiak knobs. With credit going to TeriAnn and her great website. The Kodiak section HERE (http://www.expeditionlandrover.info/Kodiak_heater.htm) explains how to remove the knobs (about halfway down the page).

I have used a small finishing nail (as TeriAnn suggests), placing it in the small hole behind the knob face and gently leveraging the knob off.

Do not misplace those knobs... they are impossible to find.

DGG
07-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Got the heater knobs off, still having trouble with the choke cable. Any tips?

darbsclt
07-11-2015, 08:09 PM
I'm not sure that the knob comes off...
This is an excerpt from a related thread on the Series 2 Club over in the UK...

"Normally with a choke cable the black knob is an integral part of the inner cable.

To remove the choke cable you have to disconnect it at the carb end (both inner and outer) and you unscrew the holding nut from around the cable at the dash end and pull all the cable through into the cab. Fitting is the reverse."

DGG
07-11-2015, 09:45 PM
Thanks for all the help. I'll keep messing with it and hope I don't break anything.