PDA

View Full Version : Shifting

Jester065
08-01-2015, 09:51 PM
I have owned my lady for about a year and a half and I lover her. I under stand the unsynchronized transmission and i do well from first to second, but going from third to second or when i go from second to neutral because i think i am going to stop at a light, but it turns green going from rolling neutral to second gets me. Does anyone have any tips? I know this is a rookie question, but thank your for your support.

SafeAirOne
08-02-2015, 12:40 AM
:popcorn:

stomper
08-02-2015, 06:22 AM
Use the search feature on this forum. There is a 3 page post about shifting somewhere. That's all I'm going to say. I'll be over with SafeAirOne eating popcorn!

chuckstp
08-03-2015, 07:57 AM
I haven't had too many problems downshifting like that, but I generally take my time between gears. In that case, I have a foot on the clutch and one on the break and can't bump the accelerator. But since I take enough time, it normally slips right in. Often my biggest problem is shifting into first from a dead stop. The fly wheel sometimes is spinning, and wants to hit the teeth.

I also have an overdrive. One great way to downshift into second is, rather than going into third, use the overdrive. That will downshift without issue and put you into second right away.