PDA

View Full Version : 1964 Series IIa 88 Pickup

cookingwithfat
08-13-2015, 10:49 AM
EDIT: In the post below I said we bought the IIa in Washington State. It's not there anymore. My wife and I bought it in Washington and then drove it back to Vermont where we live. For our honeymoon. Camping in state forests and national parks. Yea, you heard me, I've got the best wife ever!! The point being: the IIa is in Southern Vermont.

I've got a 1964 Series IIa Pickup with 35,000 miles on it! It was a barn find from the guy I bought it from. It was in the Washington State high dessert, so NO RUST! The body has been painted with house paint, however before hand it was completely stripped so it's clean metal under and will be easily repainted.

It runs great, but does have one problem, it needs a new rear main seal. Honestly, we just can't afford to get the job done, but we don't want to be Rover-less. I'd like to trade it to someone for a RRC in excellent condition that I can actually enjoy, rather than sadly look upon this beautiful beast which I can't fix.

Does this sound like the kind of thing that makes sense? Honestly, I don't even know what this IIa is worth. I've heard that it might be worth quite a bit given its low miles. Thoughts? Interest?

Les Parker
08-13-2015, 02:33 PM
Doug Shipman in Portland Oregon, has some nice Classics, maybe he'll do a deal !

cookingwithfat
08-13-2015, 09:50 PM
I should have mentioned... I'm in Vermont. We bought the IIa in Washington, and then we drove it back. That was our honeymoon. Yea... You heard me! I've got the best wife ever!

chuckc4
08-15-2015, 04:50 PM
I sent you a PM

CMorris
08-17-2015, 08:39 AM
Photos?

antichrist
08-17-2015, 12:31 PM
If you have a place to work, changing the rear main seal isn't a horrible DIY job. If that's the reason you want rid of it.

As for the mileage, hard to say, broken speedo cables are pretty common and a lot of previous owners didn't bother to fix them for a long time.

xjahx
08-20-2015, 03:10 PM
I am interested in the pickup. Send me a text or call 412 eight nine 7 three 662

chuckc4
08-22-2015, 04:11 PM
I also have a Range Rover Classic Short Wheel Base if you are not interested in selling outright.

Chuck