PDA

View Full Version : Rover Adventure

slowmo
08-18-2015, 07:30 PM
Today at a stop light, there was a dump truck in front of me. When the light changed...now get this...I pulled into the left lane, still in 1st. I was so excited to be heading for the left lane I forgot to signal, but no one noticed. As I finished double clutching into second I floored it. Probably going about 900 mph by the sound of it. Slipped it into third. The sweat was pouring off my brow. Floored it again. Mach 2. I looked over and I was EVEN with the dump truck. My heart was pounding out of my chest as I race clutched into 4th. I was pulling ahead so I started looking to see if any cops were around. All clear.

My foot was in the carburetor. The truck was shaking like never before. And then it happened. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw the dump truck. I had passed him!!! I thought I better slow down because at this speed I was sure to get a ticket. Then I noticed I was only going 20 mph and the dump truck had slowed to turn into a construction site. But I tell you. I don't mind saying it but I puffed my chest out a bit in pride, for I was in the left lane. THE left lane. Then a one eyed guy in a monkey suit on unicycle passed me in the right lane.

Kind of ruined my day.

SafeAirOne
08-18-2015, 10:45 PM
You're right, it can be quite thrilling to overtake agricultural machinery, construction equipment and vehicles that aren't powered by internal combustion engines, such as bicycles, skateboards and the Amish.

LaneRover
08-19-2015, 07:06 AM
As a one eyed guy in a monkey suit who is learning to ride the unicycle I take umbrage in thinking that another one eyed guy in a monkey suit riding a unicycle would do an illegal pass in the right hand lane. However . . . if that blinker had been on . . .