PDA

View Full Version : AVM Locking Hub Identification

warrenperkinson
08-28-2015, 11:25 PM
I am reconditioning a pair of AVM 24 spline free wheeling hubs.

These came off a series III (probably) LWB (maybe) - I don't really know because I bought the entire axle off a wrecker (i.e. it wasn't attached to a truck). I do know that the axle had 11" drums and the axle had 24 splines (hub end) and 10 splines (diff end).

I need a new set of gaskets for these hubs, but I don't know how to identify the model...

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Warren.

Jim-ME
08-29-2015, 04:00 AM
I don't believe that the gaskets were any different for 24 spline axles then they were for 10 spline. It is easiest just to cut your own.
Jim

warrenperkinson
08-29-2015, 02:51 PM
Excellent idea. I've already ordered some gasket paper. Thanks.

Jim-ME
08-29-2015, 06:25 PM
I may still have some remnants of a couple of rebuild kits if you are interested.
Jim

warrenperkinson
08-30-2015, 07:15 AM
I may still have some remnants of a couple of rebuild kits if you are interested.
Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for that. As I live in New Zealand it may not be worthwhile for me to take you up on that, but I appreciate the offer. I've ordered some gasket paper and will make my own replacement gaskets. I've been able to salvage all the rest (with the exception of one o-ring) from the donor axle.

My other problem is that one of my axles is a series IIa axle (only 10 splines), so I'm going to have to replace that half shaft if I want to install both locking hubs.

Sheesh....

Thanks,
Warren.

1971Series88
09-02-2015, 07:02 AM
Btw....they are Superwinch hubs. Or at the very least rebranded Superwinch