PDA

View Full Version : Radio Lock Out

herb2herb
07-05-2007, 10:23 PM
While doing some work in another part of my RR-P38, I disconnected the negative wire from the battery for such service.
After the service was completed, I noticed that the radio had disconnected also and was asking me for the code to be entered. By mistake I entered the wrong series of number and it locked me out and now I cannot listen to music:( .
Does anybody know how to reset a !@#$% radio so I can input the right code?, I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting it over and nothing seems to work.

acpatsouris
07-06-2007, 07:13 AM
In most cases radios can be "un-locked" by simply leaving the vehicle powered up for about an hour. Either leave your key in the number 2 position or go for a long drive. Eventually, the message should change on the screen and you should be able to re-enter the code. Normally, I believe you have 4 or 5 attempts to enter the code before being locked out. Hope this helps.

herb2herb
07-06-2007, 10:26 PM
I found out from the dealer that all you need to do is hold down the BAND buttom until it asks for you to input the code and, VOILA, music.:)