PDA

View Full Version : Maine camping and trails

JimCT
07-09-2007, 05:05 AM
Since Rover Fest was cancelled we are going to spend a few weeks working our way along the coast of Maine, probably up to Cobscock Bay state park. Any suggestions on places to camp and trails to explore? thanks Jim

Terrys
07-09-2007, 05:15 AM
Plenty of places to camp, especially when you get up around Bar Harbor. There's Acadia Nat'l Park. Not too much in the way of trail driving along the coast. You have to get up into the woods for that. Try the Moosehead Lake region, up the east side, above Kokajo, then up onto the Golden Road. Thousands of miles of logging roads, trails and plenty of spots to camp too.

I didn't know they cancelled Roverfest again. Looks like that's one for the history books.

Jim-ME
07-09-2007, 12:04 PM
There are lots of logging roads downeast on the old Champion Int. lands as well as up north. The Bureau of Parks and Lands has several great hiking trails if you are looking for that type of trail. Go to: http://www.maine.gov/doc/parks/index.htm and see what is available. State parks charge a fee; public lands are free. Send me your phone # and I'll be happy to give you a call and we can talk.
Jim