PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Block

Crash
12-27-2015, 10:37 AM
Having recently moved I find myself with too many parts and not enough space. Moved from a house with a nice heated shop to a single car garage and it does not all fit.

I purchased it from our infamous rover part supplier that is now out of business and it is missing a few items. The block appears to be in okay condition and I have the head with a number of ancillary pieces in a box. The injector pump is missing.

Now that I have moved it a couple of times I am wondering what to do with it. Are there parts on it worth stripping off and putting away or selling off? What is the block worth? Or is for the scrap dealer?

I don’t think there is anything on it that I will need as I have 2 complete engines for my project truck – one being a working diesel.

Thoughts?
C

I Leak Oil
12-27-2015, 12:13 PM
Your diesel block is no different than the petrol blocks, assuming it's a 2.25. I though RN used to pay a decent amount for a good core. Not sure if they still do or not. I wouldn't scrap it if you feel it's in good enough shape. Call RN to see what they will pay or put it up for sale on the various forums. Scrap dealers aren't giving much right now as the prices are down.