PDA

View Full Version : Heater Switch

Oscar
01-18-2016, 11:07 AM
I have a very sick heater switch......(potentiometer). With very erratic readings it appears it's 0-200 OHM. Can someone confirm this?

Our host does not stock them.

Does anyone know of a suitable alternative?

Thanks.

Jim-ME
01-19-2016, 03:13 AM
A picture of what you have would be very helpful. If it is what I think it is the UK will probably be your only source for a new one.
Jim

Oscar
01-19-2016, 08:26 AM
Starting to sound like it's unobtainable. Think I'll go with the off/on and modulate with the flapper in the duct.

jac04
01-19-2016, 03:09 PM
Starting to sound like it's unobtainable. Think I'll go with the off/on and modulate with the flapper in the duct.
So this switch has the resistor built into it? What does it look like? If you have a picture, I'll sift through my collection of parts to see if I have anything.

darbsclt
01-20-2016, 08:11 AM
Starting to sound like it's unobtainable.

Really? As stated above... it all depends on what type of heater/heater switch you have? You haven't given "us" enough to work on. These vehicles were fitted with different types of heaters.

THIS (http://www.colehersee.com/home/item/cat/143/68028/) switch from Cole Hersee is what I used to replace mine (for a Kodiak MK 3 heater). It is, pretty much, a direct replacement.

Bottom line... show us what you got & someone should be able to point you in the right direction.

ps... that goes for the vent knob as well...

Les Parker
01-20-2016, 01:08 PM
Genuine # is RTC462, I think. Cannot find any pix though:(