PDA

View Full Version : GBR Greasable Poly bushings

woza
02-27-2016, 06:43 PM
Hi All
Just a question on greasable poly bushings from GBR for a Series 11A 88 or 109. How do they hold up. There is a thread from around 2010 so some info on life span would be interesting.:cool:

Jim-ME
02-28-2016, 03:32 AM
Hi All
Just a question on greasable poly bushings from GBR for a Series 11A 88 or 109. How do they hold up. There is a thread from around 2010 so some info on life span would be interesting.:cool:

My first set lasted about 3 years however if you get them make sure GBR has fine thread shackle bolts. Mine were coarse thread which meant that you had to drill out the threads in the shackles. I refused to do that when I replaced my standard shackles with military shackles so now all my shackle bolts are non-greasable but the 4 bolts that hold the front of the springs to the frame are greaseable because it doesn't make any difference. I did break one of the grease fittings off and ended up drilling and tapping the bolt head to put in a new one as the original fittings were not simply screwed in. I need to replace all my springs so I plan on seeing if GBR has fine thread bolts and buy the 8 that I need at that time.
Jim

woza
02-28-2016, 08:33 AM
Hey Jim-Me awesome:thumb-up: thanks for that info. I will give Bill at GBR a call to see if he has the fine thread kits in stock.:thumb-up:

TeriAnn
02-29-2016, 07:16 AM
Hi All

I've had a set under my Dormie for, humm, probably going on about 9 years now. They have held up very well. Everytime I do an oil change or pressure wash the underside of my truck I get out the greese gun and grease everything under the truck, including the bushings. Mine are fine thread.