PDA

View Full Version : Authentic Interior Pics?

slowmo
03-29-2016, 10:31 AM
Homer basically has no interior. I have replaced the seats, the headliner is a yuge disasta. Does anyone have pics of what the interior of a Series Rover (particularly a 70 Series IIa SWB would be nice) actually is supposed to look like? Thanks!

TedW
03-29-2016, 11:06 AM
Here is a shot of my dash - 1970 IIA. This is period correct, with the exception of the voltmeter(just above the ignition switch), which I added after converting to an alternator. The black padded thingy below the dash is the heater distribution box, which was unique to the late IIA trucks. I have an extra one (NOS) on hand if you need one. If interested send me an email to ted@ggdirect.com.

Hope this helps,

Ted

lumpydog
03-29-2016, 11:07 AM
Slo:

Here is a link to a 69 rover (https://goo.gl/photos/3W2ASLP7BEqNm66e9) with a very original interior. I saw this truck in person it's interior is very accurate and has not been altered. The 69 interior is identical to the 70 and 71 interior.

The exterior of that truck in the pictures had the wings replaced on both sides. This truck should be a bugeye but the PO used later 70/71 style wings - you can still see the grill is a bugeye styled grill.

Enjoy.

[edit] I have all the pictures because I nearly purchased it - but, it was apparent that the truck was a flip. Restored to sell vs restored by the owner to enjoy. Big difference.

slowmo
03-30-2016, 10:44 AM
Thanks. Very helpful, especially the doors. Mine is closer than I thought.

lumpydog
03-30-2016, 11:35 AM
Badger Coachworks (http://www.badgercoachworks.com) can help you with the headliner...

johnny2rovers
03-31-2016, 06:15 PM
I considered Badger for a headliner when my SIIA had a hardtop. Very pricey, but the quality is definitely there. Recently I saw a headliner in a 109 done by a local upholsterer. It might be worth checking out a local option. Maybe 1/4 the Badger price if you are not going for Concours......

fly cubs
04-15-2016, 01:31 PM
I also have a bunch of interior trim parts, including a headliner (that you could use for a template) that came with my tropical top. I am not going to use them and would be willing to sell them if someone needs them.