PDA

View Full Version : Transmission rebuild snags

DGG
04-06-2016, 01:00 PM
So I am rebuilding the entire transmission on my 1961 109 Station Wagon. It is a pre-suffix A transmission. I'm making an inventory of the things I need, and am running into a few snags. Some parts are NLA.

I took the transmission apart because I needed a new synchromesh, but I decided I was going to take everything apart, and put in all new seals, bearings and gaskets, and replace whatever else needs replacing.

Looks like my intermediate shaft needs to be replaced, along with the thrust washers, and needle bearings. Just got off the phone with our hosts, and suggested I get on here and see if anyone could help me.

Thanks

slowmo
04-06-2016, 01:19 PM
http://www.lrseries.com/

This is where I got mine about a year ago.

leafsprung
04-07-2016, 08:09 PM
you are not through the bearing material on the thrust washers so you can probably use those with appropriate shims. I have some nice used intermediate shafts. I believe I also have bearings

DGG
04-10-2016, 05:52 PM
you are not through the bearing material on the thrust washers so you can probably use those with appropriate shims. I have some nice used intermediate shafts. I believe I also have bearings
for pre-suffix A?

DGG
04-14-2016, 10:18 AM

PM sent

DGG
04-19-2016, 10:06 AM
Ike, I cannot respond to your private message until you make space by deleting some messages.

Doug