PDA

View Full Version : Turn Signal Warning Lamp

emicola
05-01-2016, 01:52 PM
I purchased a new 3 prong flasher unit from Rovers North and have wired it correctly but when I use the turn signal the warning light in the signal stalk doesn't flash. I've taken apart the turn signal, all the wiring is correct and when I run 12 volts through the wire to the warning light it does actually work. I tested the voltage coming off the terminals of the flasher, on the "L" and I get 12 volts on the "P" terminal there is barely any voltage. The "L" Terminal is for the turn signals and the "P" terminal is for the warning light. Does anyone have any experience with this? I think it's probably a defective flasher........

cedryck
05-11-2016, 02:26 PM
Mine did not work when first assembled truck, signals would work outside but little indicator on stalk would not light up, turned out to be a bullet connector not in continuity,,,

Les Parker
05-12-2016, 03:44 PM
Is the flasher unit grounded? As noted above, please ensure all the ground and power leads are "good".

S11A
05-23-2016, 06:22 PM
What year is your truck? Do you have the Magna-Tex unit? If so I believe it should be a 2-prong flasher, not 3. 3 is for separate dashboard lights IIRC.

chuckstp
06-09-2016, 07:47 PM
I would consider dirty connections first. I've had a number of times where I can get continuity with a volt meter but the circuit didn't have enough current to light a bulb. The best thing I've found is to use a rotary tool with a stainless steel wire brush on the terminals. Also a bit of dielectric grease on the contacts helps prevent future corrosion.

clearcut
10-05-2016, 12:35 PM
Is the flasher unit grounded? As noted above, please ensure all the ground and power leads are "good".

I have a 1966 109. Where is the flasher unit in Land Rover

Thanks

Les Parker
10-05-2016, 01:52 PM
The flasher unit is behind the gauge panel, mounted to the bulkhead with a self tapping or machine screw. Usually it is in the center part of the dash, hiding behind the rats nest of wiring.

clearcut
10-18-2016, 12:23 PM
HI

I started to work on the turn signal issue I did find the rats nest that Les said I work have to clean up12036

cedryck
10-18-2016, 02:27 PM
Was that behind the Dash board?

cnfowler
10-18-2016, 02:35 PM
Ha, you've got to be kidding me! That's hilarious given what Les posted.

Colin

clearcut
10-18-2016, 04:02 PM
Yes it was there! Not kidding

Just got flashers back on line. New 3 prong flasher. First installed, lights has a flicker. Change wire location on flasher. The 2 wires on each side of each other. Works great now

:thumb-up: