PDA

View Full Version : starter,.

cedryck
07-25-2016, 12:12 PM
So I have heard about Landrover starters getting stuck and needing a knock or two to imply just enough vibration to make them work ( I have experienced this recently),,, what other types of preventative maintanence should I do on the Starter?

swingkeel
07-26-2016, 07:41 AM
I would say that indicates a dead spot in the windings. If this is the case, then you will need to rebuild or replace the starter. I suppose that you could take the electrical power cable off and make sure that there is a good connection and that the post out of the starter is tight, etc. Generally there isn't any "PM" on a starter motor....... from my experience anyhow.

Michael

cedryck
08-01-2016, 09:26 AM
I would say that indicates a dead spot in the windings. If this is the case, then you will need to rebuild or replace the starter. I suppose that you could take the electrical power cable off and make sure that there is a good connection and that the post out of the starter is tight, etc. Generally there isn't any "PM" on a starter motor....... from my experience anyhow.

Michael

11890 What I did was take the starter out, and clean and use graphite on the end engaging unit and shaft. Then fix a proper ground strap with a good clean connection, and it starts just fine now.