PDA

View Full Version : Trashed bulkhead - Sourced thread closed

Partsman
07-28-2016, 06:38 PM
Ok, one last part for the camper project, I just need the top part of a rotted old bulkhead, just the part from the rain channel up (the section with the vents and windscreen hinges, see red box in image) preferably something local in New England (Massachusetts?).
Basically I'm looking for one that's pretty much beyond repair, but this top section is still good so I can cut it off and weld it to the camper frame.

LH Drive
07-28-2016, 07:32 PM
I think if the upper half you are searching for is in good shape with no rust then it's still salvageable as they make footwell replacements. Also older S2 or 2A bulkheads should just be restored since they are tough to find even in rusted out condition.
I'll be working on my rusted out S3 bulkhead next week and the vent area is good. Won't be cutting off as much as you're after but it will be from the vents sections and up. Where it begins to angle off as I'll be reconstructing my bulkhead.
The S3 windscreen hangers could be cut off and S2A hangers installed. Just not sure how much fabrication one is willing to do.

Partsman
07-28-2016, 08:43 PM
I can fabricate the hinge mounts, they are rather simple anyway, really any bulkhead will do, it doesn't have to be a 2 or 2A bulkhead, though they would simplify things on the outside, they would also complicate things inside, so a 3 bulkhead might be better in a lot of ways.

LH Drive
07-28-2016, 08:54 PM
I'll send you a picture of the cut off section I'll have by next week. Might be something you'll be able to use.
The one you have pictured is off a D90.

Partsman
07-28-2016, 09:34 PM
I realized that after I posted it, but figured it still got the point across.

mongoswede
08-15-2016, 12:58 PM
I have 3...one from a series 3 that is already trimmed to just the upper half and 2 complete but rough bulkheads. I am located in central Vermont not far from Rutland.