PDA

View Full Version : Series Swivel Balls need replacement

enovey
07-16-2007, 07:19 AM
My 65 IIA swb is in need of new swivel balls. I have been looking into having the surface of the originals re done also. My question is, what is the part number/name of the "things" that are pressed into the two round holes located on the top and bottom of the swivel balls? Do these come already pressed in a set of new swivel balls? Should I just buy a new set of swivel balls?
Thanks for any help in advance
Ernie

rovertek
07-16-2007, 10:58 AM
you should just buy the new ones and get it over with ,try pricing <www.dap_inc.com> the bottom is a bearing, which you will have to remove the race and reinstall it in the new ones,the top is a railco bush which you will have to remove and reinstall them too, providing they are tight and have shimming ability left, if not you might as well replace them too, also you will have to remove the half shaft bearings and reinstall them too, and dont forget to get seals and gaskets.....

BackInA88
07-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Our hosts also sell everything you will need.:thumb-up:

enovey
07-17-2007, 06:00 AM
thanks for the input. I will buy new, including all new bearings, bushings and seals.

PH4
07-17-2007, 09:18 AM
FYI, there is a great step by step article on replacing the swivel balls in LRO this month. Lots of photos and detailed description.