PDA

View Full Version : ETC7128 CAM IN 2.25 DIESEL anyone know the camshaft specifications?

michelle
09-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Hello Friends,
I am putting a Bearmach ETC7128 "performance" cam in my 2.25 3mb diesel. NOT because I'm trying to turn the engine into a racing motor, but because I was degreeing in my old camshaft (I am rebuilding the entire engine!!) and comparing its profile specs (As found in the wonderful factory service manual) when I found out it was actually opening the valves 20+ degrees too late and closing them far too early (I think the exhaust valves are supposed to close around 13 degrees ATDC, but were snapping shut 10 degrees BTDC)!! Unfortunately, the lobes were worn down too far to be reusable, so, a new cam would need to be fitted. Problem is, when it arrived today, it didn't have a spec. sheet included. I'm sure it is just fine, but I'd rather cheque it out myself, just to be sure!
Supposedly, this cam was used in the later Defenders with a 2.5 diesel. SO,does anyone have the factory manual for that car and does it have the camshaft specs ( you know, a chart that has "exhaust valve opens at---Degrees, closes at ---degrees, is at peak lift at ---- degrees", ect, ect.)
Thank you very much!
Michelle

michelle
09-28-2016, 12:14 PM
Hi Guys,
I got the information from "Red 90" over at the Defender Source Board:

INTAKE opens @ 16 degrees BTDC,
closes @ 42 degrees ABDC
and reaches peak lift @ 103 degrees ATDC

The exhaust valve opens @ 51 degrees BBDC,
it closes @ 13 degrees ATDC, and reaches its peak lift @ 109 degrees BTDC

Whew! NOW I can get back to my project!!!
Mic