PDA

View Full Version : Wiring and connections for 66 FFR fuel tank switch.

caperover
09-23-2016, 04:46 PM
Am trying to either sort out rats nest of clipped and discolored wires. Cloth loomed wires are all a uniform shade of tar and grease.

How is the dual tank valve wired? It looks like there's two switches on the top of valve. It's either way over-engineered or I'm missing something obvious. It looks like it would have been cheaper in manufacturing to run two separate fuel gauges.

Does a single green/blk wire from the gas gauge get run to one spade terminal and then get jumped to a spade terminal on the other switch, and then a single wire from the remaining spade terminal on each switch get run to each of the fuel tank senders?

I'd hate to wire this wrong and let all of that expensive lucas smoke out of the system.
Any tips on testing?

Many thanks.

cedryck
09-26-2016, 09:26 AM
There is a separate, and small wiring arrangement for the switches, yes it is dark green with a black line. Yes it attaches to all four prongs for the two switches, yes one jumper connects the two plunge switches, our host have that loom on their website, and yes it seems like a lot to make two tanks work on one gauge, I seem to remember that the switches were not cheap, I replaced both at a time, When you switch "over" from one tank to another, the gauge should read appropriately the corresponding gauge.

Les Parker
09-26-2016, 11:49 AM
Link to the harness :-

http://www.roversnorth.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=PLN215&type=0

cedryck
09-30-2016, 08:53 AM
Les, is there an available cork gasket for the switch-over module?

Les Parker
09-30-2016, 03:38 PM
No, but the # is NRC5364.