PDA

View Full Version : Just joined the Forum

andrewjonescanada
10-27-2016, 09:04 AM
Hi folks
I'm new to this group, but have been involved with Series LRs for quite a while. I am based in Ontario ... west of Ottawa, long time member of OVLR and have three trucks in the fleet at the moment: Pics attached

'67 NADA # 785A ... getting limbered up to start restoration ... on of the motivators for joining this group ... it runs / drives, but needs a new frame to begin with ... has the neat and rare feature of a bottom PTO drive to a hydraulic pump that drives a Ramsay winch ... i also have the mortal remains of an unidentified NADA truck ... bulkhead (no data plate), complete engine, axles , sundru other small parts ... brake servo etc.
'76 Ex Luxembourg military one tonne (101 FC)
'79 SIII 109 GS Ex British Army / BATUS

Am looking forward to tapping into the NADA related knowledge base on this group as I move ahead to start the resto of #785

cheers

Andrew

cedryck
10-27-2016, 10:06 AM
Welcome, you will find much good information here with this group. My 2 cents, when doing a restoration, take you time, do what needs to be done well and proper, wiring for electrics may as well put in a new loom, plumbing for brakes, clutch, renew if old, may as well this is the time when the body is off the truck. When you get stuck, tap into the forum for help many folks here have done what you plan on doing, myself included. Again welcome and cheers, love the pics,

parrie
10-28-2016, 06:13 AM
Welcome! Great looking trucks...the 101 is freakin awesome!

andrewjonescanada
11-02-2016, 12:05 PM
Thanks guys ... really appreciate the warm welcome ... positive comments on the trucks ... and advice ref approach. The NADA will be a bit different i think ... given relative scarcity of the truck ... and what seems like a general lack of documentation ... will proceed with appropriate due diligence and caution ... first task will be to carefully dismantle it ... to evaluate the true state of the frame ... easy route is to simply order up a new galvy one ... but i want to retain the originality to the extent possible ... and you can get a lot of fabrication / welding done for the price of a new one delivered.

thoughts / comments appreciated

cheers

Andrew